Thursday 8 November 2012

OTS/ End Credits

For the opening title sequence, I have a couple different ideas.
I could go with a moving back ground as the title shows. For example, a wide shot pan of the field I decide to film on, or just a wide shot pan of a desolate street. 
This would give a bit of action to play whilst the Title shows, so it isn't boring for the audience.

I could just do a black screen with the title showing, zooming in or possibly a different effect and then fading to the first scene. This may be boring, but it's easier to do and doesn't require any extra filming. However this is very standard and won't look as visually pleasing. Also in my opinion it will stand out for the wrong reasons and look odd at the start of the film. 


Another option would be the extend the first scene to allow enough time for the Title to show before the main action starts. This could be a good idea, however the first scene may drag on a bit longer than wanted and would mean the audience would get bored. 

Also, being as the first scene already has a part of which Brian's name pops up, if the title popped up about a minute before, it would seem weird and would take away the effect desired. For example, the audience may think Brian is the name of the actor, as a pose to the characters name. 

I think my best option is to do the moving background as it shows action, and ties in well with the rest of the film without giving the wrong effect or idea. For example if I do a wide shot pan of the field, I can then almost directly link it with the first scene and give a sense of flow. 


For the end credits I also have a couple of ideas.

I could go with the standard black scrolling background that shows the actors/ actresses names, along with sound effect website links, director, producer etc, and have a music piece playing. Maybe a heart beat that fades out to a heartbeat monitor beep that's constant signifying death. 

Another idea is a cut to a long shot of Brian (1)'s body laying on the floor after jumping off the roof, and having the standard credits showing either around the body, or scrolling to the side. 

I like this idea a lot better than the first one, as it looks better and will round off the film well. 
Also, I really like the sound of the heart beat fading out the a constant beep of the heart beat monitor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment