Thursday 8 November 2012

Scene timing

Due to lighting throughout the day, I will need to shoot at a specific time.
Early in the morning would be perfect for the surroundings as there would be near to no one around. As well as the fact it will be light, but not too light.
The difficulties at shooting early in the morning is availability of actors. They might be busy due to school/college.

Midday is good for lighting, however if the sun is highly visible it may give too much light and make the action in film hard to see. A benefit would be that actors may be available and one of the only times I can film, but still be in enough light to see.

A difficulty of filming midday is that people may be around, and therefore give me a hard time when filming. I'll have to film in little chunks whilst waiting for people to walk past etc.

Filming at night is extremely bad for lighting, as it gets dark very quickly and will mean the film will have low visibility. A good thing is that actors would probably be most available at this time however there will also be a lot of people around coming home from work, or going out.


I will probably be filming midday, as it gives me the best chance at combing availability of actors and lighting. Once I choose my actors, I will see when they can film and choose a perfect time.


No comments:

Post a Comment